Saturday, August 30, 2014

Here I Go Again....

I'm officially Royalty.

And by this I mean I'm officially a college student! I don't know how to really get my brain to wrap around this, its' insane to stop and think about. Only a year ago I was up in the Rift Valley in Kenya, and now I'm in the flat lands of Florida.

It's been such a blessed year though I will say. So many things happened to me that helped me grow in my spiritual walk. I met so many great friends, and made some unexpected relationships!
I met some friends I know I will never forget and always keep in contact with, along with a special someone who's become extremely close to me over the year.
I learned so much not only through my teachers and the subjects they taught, but also through all the people God placed in my life.

It was hard saying good bye to all those wonderful people, and so much more harder saying bye to my own family as they stay back in Africa and continue their ministry. But here I am now, settled in with my aunt's family, (I have inherited two little brothers.) and it's been great driving myself down to college, and learning to do stuff on my own but still have a family around that I can lean on when I need it.
It'll be a good year I think, it's going to be one full of uncertainty and adventures, but I think it'll be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment